Mark & Wes, in Walnut Creek, CA at Nama Sushi & Teriyaki.
Mark and Wes talk about Steve (you know which Steve) and his health and what he admitted. What went on at MacWorld? Where is the promised iPhone firmware with push notification? Apple NetBook? Newton? Why does Mark think that Steve needs a visit to McDonalds? Bits about Windows 7.
Sites of Interest:
- We clown Steve Job because this quote shows he would be against our "What's New is Old" show format.
- The truth about iMeat.
- The "Whipple procedure" is sometimes used for patients with pancreatic cancer. If Steve had this, it might explain his weight problems.
- Sign up for the Windows 7 public beta test.
- The Windows Blinds product lets you "skin" a large number of visual elements of Windows and applications, including letting you make XP look much like Vista.
- Microsoft is extending the date for Windows XP.
- Joost doing better in the marketplace with it's new web-browser-based player.
- Fart Studio, your all in one flatulence solution.
- The QWERTY keyboard was designed to make you type slower. Everyone believes that the Dvorak keyboard invented by Dr. August Dvorak is faster, but that may be a myth!
- JibJab to keep the laughs rolling.
- The last factory to make player piano rolls has stopped production.
- Actress Hedy Lamarr invented spread-spectrum radio using piano roll technology.
- Pour yellowsn0w on your jailbroken iPhone 3G to SIM-unlock it so that it will work with almost any GSM SIM card in the world.
- Freeeeeeeeeeee Internet dating sites.
Wes' iPhone Applications of the week:
- iAmAMan - Free calendar application meant to be used by men to secretly track multiple women's monthly cycle.
- Eternity Time Log - Time tracking and reporting application.
Mark's iPhone Applications of the week:
- Touch Physics and Crayon Physics Deluxe -Similar game/puzzle apps that let you draw objects with crayons on a blackboard, and they start moving to the laws of physics to let you solve the puzzle for each level. The serious bug in Crayon Physics was fixed in the latest version, so try it.
- Tag Reader and Seadragon Mobile - Mark mentioned these because they are written by Microsoft for the iPhone, and he thought that was weird.