Mark and Wes in Berkeley, CA at the Caffe Strada.
Sites of Interest:
- Where are they now? 25 computer products that refuse to die.
- Wes mentioned the vaporware Peapod electric car, and Mark pointed out that the Electric Time mini cars are available today.
- The Nopopo Batteries from Japan will recharge with urine, blood, and even apple juice! But remember, liquids only, no po po!
- RIM removed an application from the Blackberry app store, Wattpad eReader.
- History of the Hewlett-Packard company, starting with the sale of oscillators to Disney.
- 40th Anniversary of the Request For Comment method of developing Internet standards.
- Bill Gates and Paul Allen started their computer carreer with Traf-O-Data while they were in high school.
- Bill Gates rocks! (Starting at 4:23 into this video)
- The real portable Commodore 64, and Ben Heck's vision of what a Commodore 64 laptop would have looked like.
- How to turn the lit-up Apple logo on a MacBook into a second LCD monitor.
- Frequent IMs with your boss make you more productive.
- BumpTop reminded Mark of the old Microsoft Bob add-on for Windows. But now that he watched that video to remind himself what Bob was really like, maybe they're not similar at all.
- Wes' stupid $400 BlackBerry can't even run the most essential iPhone apps like iPimpler, i-Chirp, iTrigger Fart Version, I Crush Your Head, or Burpy.
- Wes' BlackBerry is so useless that he might as well get this or this instead of the real phone.
Wes' iPhone Applications of the week:
- i-c-LiveCams -Live streaming video from cameras around the world
- Howcast - View videos from howcast.com wherever you are.
Mark's iPhone Applications of the week: