Click here to listen to the official audio show
Mark and Wes at Bo's Barbeque in Lafayette, CA until the wasps and loud band-with-no-banjo forced us out, and then we went to a Starbucks.
Sites of Interest:
- It's the 40th anniversary of Nerf. Mark has one of these Nerf toys and this iPhone app to control it (although he hasn't gotten the app to work yet, possibly because his missile launcher looks identical, but has a different brand name on it).
- Wes complains about the Sima Hitch device we talked about last week.
- This is the type of wasp that attacks us in Lafayette (not our video). Search this page for the word "wasps" to see how to trap them.
- Comparison of all Android phones so far, including the new Motorola CLIQ.
- Warning: Android and Blackberry phones can't run these important iPhone apps: Urinals: the Game, Pocket Bacon, Barf Puke-A-Thon, Puma Index, Sexy Flashlight Sexy, Hell Chicken, D-color_Picker, Blow and Touch, and Fart Tester (is that the picture of a nose? Do we have dirty minds?).
- Steve Jobs: video at the Apple Keynote event, and interview with David Pogue.
- The new iPod Touch models don't have a camera, but it looks like a prototype did.
- Mark wondered whether the new iTouch models have VoiceOver for blind users. Yes.
- Demonstrations of the video on the new iPod nano models.
- Did Yoko Ono And Sky News Just Ruin Apple’s Beatles Surprise?
- Tenth anniversary of the Sega Dreamcast.
- SimplifyMedia lets you share streaming music and photos with other computers and iPhones.
- What's new in iTunes 9?
- Boxee plays personal and Internet media along with social networking features on a 10-foot user interface so it works well on a computer connected to a large TV monitor with a remote control.
- New features in iPhone 3.1.
- Apple explains iPhone OS 3.1 Exchange Server changes.
- Caching Apple's Signature Server.
- Oracle tries to stop Sun's bleeding: Is it too late?
- The IBM 5100 Portable Computer in 1975.
- Reminisces of the first computer virus.
- Facebook Lite is here, and some like it better. As if that isn't sufficiently twitter-like, Facebook also added tagging of friends using the "@".
- WordPress is the first blogging platform to implement RSS Cloud.
- Flickr - shoot, upload and share photos & videos, geo-tag your photos or add them to a set. View your photos by set and tag. (Marked mentioned Google's Picasa software and service.)
- craigsphone - Craigslist viewer for iPhone 3.0 and above only! (Will crash on older OS.)