Click here to listen to the official audio show
Mark and Wes at the Szechwan Chinese Restaurant in Orinda, CA.
Sites of Interest:
- Leo lePorte's best Tech Guy caller ever -- her stolen WiFi disappeared.
- Wes likes his Ipevo Mini Network Storage Adapter for only $59
- Mark thinks this is a milestone: Kingston unveils 256GB thumb drive for well-heeled memory fiends
- Cool Leaf transparent acrylic touchscreen keyboards
- MITS Altair replica kit
- Compass Table Is the Most Fun You'll Ever Have With Coasters
- Recognizr app is coming for some cell phones
- Apple removes Wi-Fi scanners, 'minimum functionality' iPhone apps. Mark is concerned that fart apps might be next.
- Comparison of the touch screen accuracy of various smartphones.
- Is Coffee Good or Bad For You? The Pros & Cons of Coffee Drinking.
- Table and bubble chart about which food supplements actually work to promote health and which are bullshit. (Mark loves saying "bullshit bullshit bullshit").
- Clive Sinclair created Big Trak, a new type of car and he doesn't use computers or cell phones.
- What type of music helps you be more productive?
- We all live in a yellow drum machine.
- The Linux Sampler Project.
- OK Go - This Too Shall Pass - Rube Goldberg Machine version.
- Why you should buy an iPhone instead of other platforms: to run essential apps like these:i RubberDuck, Hot Basketball Ko, iCuckoo Push, Amazing Dirty Sex City Names, Aerial Accidents Top 20, Kama Stick, Fart Harmonica Pro.
Wes' iPhone Application of the week:
- Trillian -- organize and stay in touch with your IM and social friends while on-the-go.
- DailyFinance -- only free app with real-time quotes, tracking for multiple portfolios, customizable news from 3,000+ sources and professional-grade charting.