Mark and Wes at the Korean Bulgogi House in Concord, CA.
Sites of Interest:
- AT&T Data plan changes for iPhone and iPad.
- How does the purchase of radio spectrum affect cellphone rates (PDF)?
- Rumors of iPhone for Verizon continue.
- Google ditches Windows on security concerns.
- Macs are susceptible to viruses just like Windows is.
- Microsoft's Project Natal close to release, will be called "Kinect".
- The World Carrot Museum.
- Rumors that Hulu may start charging, publish an iPad app.
- Roku set-top box for watching Netflix movies.
- Details about the forthcoming Google TV.
- Google Wave is now available to everyone, but Mark wonders is people actually use it very much??
- Apple rejected an app to sync iDevices over wi-fi; but it is available as "Wi-Fi Sync for jailbroken devices.
- Videos of Steve Jobs' comments at D8.
- Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7.
- Roll-up computer screens and prototypes of entire roll-up devices.
- And Now the Smart Toy, taking Simon to a new level.
- The Square credit card reader has to generate it's own power.
- Mastercard Money Send faq.
- Maker Faire.
- Playing the Dr. Who Theme With Millions of Volts of Electricity.
- Tesla coils can make music as midi instruments.
- Iota Flex wrist band wants to be a MiFi for voice and text.
- Play SNES on your jailbroken iPad, with an iPhone as controller .
- Python script turns any song into a swing number.
- Sprint advertises a 4G network, but it isn't really.
- A Guide to Facebook’s New Privacy Settings.
- Please don't buy an Android phone, or Blackberry, or anything else but the iPhone platform so you can run important applications like these: Farting Zombies HD, Brainless Zombie Quiz HD, iToilet, Chalk Screecher. EmoKill, Fart Blower, IQ Profiler, and SnowCat.
Wes' iPhone Applications of the week:
- Prince of Persia Retro -- For the first time on iPhone, relive the classic adventure that started it all!
Mark's iPhone Applications of the week:
- Angry Birds HD -- Dish out revenge on the green pigs who stole the Birds’ eggs. Use the destructive powers of the Angry Birds to lay waste to the pigs’ fortified castles.
- Geared for iPad -- The first and only Gear-based game with absolutely no snap-grid. Geared delivers complete and total freedom to the player, bestowing every puzzle with a near infinite array of choices
- Ndrive USA HD -- This does not seem to be in the app store at this time.